Aug. 1, 2017
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning. Over this time, we have delivered education and training to more than 800,000 Australians.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of over 100 courses and focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
We have a clear vision and have experienced step-change growth and organisational expansion over the last three years. We are well positioned to sustain strong growth into the future - driven by increased market demand for online learning combined with continued investment in further expanding our course portfolio and improving the learner experience and competitiveness of our courses.
Our team includes over 400 staff and 300 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The Learning Support Officer is a key educational position that drives learner satisfaction and outcomes through the provision of first class study support including:
• Delivery of online orientation and motivational study skills presentations
• Implementation of outreach initiatives to motivate and engage learners in the learning platform
• Delivery of one to one support to students at risk and with additional learning needs
In this role, you will undertake the following core functions:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following key attributes and skills:
• Strong teamwork skills, particularly in an educational environment
• Strong student focus and ethos
• Ability to confidently use technology and systems
• Ability to show flexibility and adaptability in a changing work environment
• Understanding how learners interact and engage in a digital, multi-screen
Tertiary qualifications including:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**